A submission of photographs from regular reader, George – thanks!
- Name & Online Presence: George Theodoridis. No current online presence.
- About the Photographs: Last year I re-engaged with photography after perhaps 20 years and with an area I had never really been interested prior – so called ‘street’. I wanted to explore something between ‘street’ and ‘environmental portraiture’ in the framing of these. The idea that motivated a series of which these are a part is suggested by the title “Together Alone”. I was moved by the notion of how, even when we are amongst others, we are in some fundamental way alone. On another day I have no doubt I would have selected a different set from the whole. Taken in western Europe and Morocco at the beginning of the year.
- About the Photographer: I live in Melbourne, Australia, and earn my living managing the business side of an Architecture firm. Photography was my first true love, and she and I have found each-other again. When we are not making love like teenagers we sit quietly remembering and thinking of what might have been had we stayed together 🙂
- Equipment Used: These were taken with a Fuji xt-1 and standard zoom lens.
- Additional Information: nil
- Critique Requested: Yes